3D Printing and Manufacturing Services
Providing high quality and rapid services in the areas of 3D printing, mechanical testing, and materials characterization.
Located within The University of Texas at El Paso, the W.M. Keck Center for 3D Innovation is a unique multidisciplinary research facility focused on the use and development of Additive Manufacturing (AM) technologies. State-of-the art equipment and 15+ years of experience in AM have allowed us to provide services within our 13,000 square foot facility, not only to local industry but also to national and international clientele. Our services can help you achieve your goals, providing your company with a competitive advantage through access to our vast selection of 3D printing machines and testing equipment. Fast turnaround and excellent quality of manufactured parts have always been our priority when delivering your final product.
Download our Services brochure HERE.
Visualization of your final product has never been easier. We can create a 3D CAD model using 2D drawings, or provide one on-one guidance with one our engineers making your new ideas a reality.
Reverse Engineering, 3D Scanning and CT Data Extraction
These methods are ideal when a 3D CAD model is required and only the physical part is available. CAD models can be used to manufacture pre-surgical models that help physicians plan for complex surgical procedures.
- 3D CAD or STL file delivery
- Inspection (physical part vs CAD model)
- STL file creation using CT scan data
- Optical and scanning electron microscopy (SEM) available
- Performed by state of the art equipment for characterizing biological specimens as well as polymers, ceramics, or metal materials.
- 3D dimensional measurement technology with optical and touch probe sensors to validate printed parts
- Top of the line equipment for tensile, compression, impact, flexural, and cyclical (axial + torsional) testing in controlled temperature environments
- Material property characterization including viscosity and hardness testing
- Testing chambers for exposure to UV light, humidity, chemicals, and temperature fluctuations.
3D Printing/Additive Manufacturing
We provide industrial-grade equipment and a vast variety of materials for all of your application needs.
Material Extrusion [Fused Deposition Modeling]
- Excellent for tough applications which may require high temperature and impact resistant materials.
- Max build capacity is 36 x 24 x 36 in.
ABS ABS-M30i PC-ABS PC-ISO
ABSi ABS-ESD7 Nylon 12 PPSF/PPSU
ABS-M30 PC ULTEM 9085 ULTEM 1010
Vat Photopolymerization [Stereolithography]
- Provides outstanding translucent parts and great resolution for small features
- Max build capacity is 20 x 20 x 24 in.
WaterShed XC 11122 Somos NeXt
Somos NanoTool Somos NanoForm 15120
Prototherm 12120 ProtoCast AF 19120
Accura SL5530 Formlabs Resins
Somos 9120 Poly(ethylene glycol)
Binder Jetting [ExOne or Zcorp Processes]
- Capable of producing sand casting molds, high strength metal or ceramic parts, and multi-color parts
- Max build capacity is 15.7 x 9.8 x 9.8 in. (ExOne) and
8 x 10 x 8 in. (Zcorp)
Stainless Steel Iron Tungsten
Inconel 625 Inconel 718 Sand
Powder Bed Fusion [Electron Beam Melting or Selective Laser Melting]
- Ideal for applications requiring high-strength and corrosion resistant materials like aerospace, biomedical, or automotive
- Max build capacity 7.7 x 7.7 x13 in. (EBM) and 5 x 5 x 3 in. (SLM)
Ti6Al4V Inconel 625 AlSi10Mg
Ti6Al4V ELI Inconel 718 AlSi12Mg
Cobalt-Chromium Tool Steel AlSi7Mg
Maraging Steel Stainless Steel 316L AlSi9Cu3
Compounding and Filament Extrusion
- Creation of custom polymer blends and composites
- Pelletizing and extruding material filaments
Various processes available to give your part a final touch, enhancing visual appeal and/or mechanical properties.
- Machining, painting, sealing, and electroplating
Method utilized when a working prototype is needed with materials that will mimic the final product.
- Room Temperature Vulcanization (RTV) Molding
- Short-run production
- Vast variety of materials
- Injection Molding of small parts
Education and Training
Qualified personnel with approximately 15 years of experience in 3D Printing (or Additive Manufacturing) at your service.
- Introduction to Additive Manufacturing
- 3D Printing Equipment Training
- 3D Printing Workforce Development
- Customized Training in any of our 50+ 3D Printing Machines