Our vision is for additive manufacturing (AM) technology to revive the economy through a transformation in the way products are designed and manufactured, taking advantage of distributed manufacturing and 3D multi-functional designs enabled by AM.
Our mission is to lead the AM transformation through multi-disciplinary activities that include education, research, outreach, technology development and commercialization, and industrial partnerships.
- Develop strong multi-disciplinary national and international collaborations with other universities, government agencies, and industrial partners as well as strengthen and expand collaborations within UTEP.
- Develop broad expertise and expand horizons by engaging new faculty in Center activities.
- Educate and train undergraduate and graduate students in AM.
- Mentor and engage K-12 students, teachers, and the public in AM.
- Disseminate research results in technical journals and conference proceedings.
- Develop patents and other intellectual property with licensing opportunities.
- Increase exposure of UTEP and the Keck Center through invited national and international presentations.
- Serve the needs of inventors, entrepreneurs, and industry through world-class AM facilities.
- Become recognized as the premier university research center in the world focused on AM.
- Expand expertise in 3D design, fabrication, and testing; AM materials (ceramics, metals, polymers, and composites); novel processing of materials (AM processes); AM process control; hybrid AM systems; 3D printed electronics; and applications of AM.